Last week one of the kids said, “Mom! You should write about this on your blog!” And I responded, “Do YOU want to write about it on my blog?”
They said sure.
This first blog is by Mary, telling the story of last week when we made homemade lemonade (which we only did because I did that dumb thing where I accidentally ordered five pounds of lemons instead of five individual lemons).
The lemonade was delicious, I included the recipe at the bottom of Mary’s post.
This is, I hope, the first of many posts by the kids.
This is David zesting a lemon.
I am putting sugar in.
We also squeezed the lemons.
It took a long time.
When we were done we poured the squeezed lemons in.
Anna loved the lemonade!
It was a little bitter.
I loved it too!
We all did!
- 8 C water, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- Combine 3 cups of water, sugar and lemon zest in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a large pitcher or jug, add the lemon juice and remaining 5 cups of water.
- Pour COOLED sugar/water/zest mixture through a colander and into the pitcher. The strainer will remove the lemon zest. Discard the lemon zest.
- Add ice and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. (If you can wait that long. WE COULD NOT WAIT!) Pour over ice and enjoy!