Remember when we migrated our site from Tumblr to WordPress? And we hated how it looked, but we decided to just go with it anyway?
Well, nothing (about the look) has changed. I did change the backgroud color one day. And today I updated the “About” page. But besides that, we’re going no where fast.
But we haven’t forgotten. Promise you won’t be looking at the weird font and wonky banner forever. Do you have any idea how many WordPress themes are out there? It’s overwhelming. But we’ll get there. One day.
Even with the lame design (which I’m embarrassed about so feel the need to over-explain) I still got a nod for a Liebster Blog Award from my friend Elizabeth over at Elizabethtown. As far as I can tell, the Liebster Award is sort of like getting tagged in a game of hide and seek. You’re it…but in a good way.
Then you have to post 11 random things about yourself, answer 11 questions the tagger asked, then create 11 questions of your own. Then tag a few people.
So instead of frustrating myself by scrolling through WordPress themes, let’s Liebster.
11 random things:
- I was voted “Most Likely to be on the School Board” in 8th grade. Bet that makes you wonder if I was popular.
- I’m really, really good at deciphering personalized license plates. And I often feel I should receive some sort of recognition for it. So next time you can’t figure out what MD N8V means, call me.
- (But don’t really call me. I hardly ever answer my phone.)
- I love horses. When I was younger, I showed hunter/jumper and couldn’t imagine going a week without riding. Now I can’t remember the last time I was on a horse.
- Every morning, Tom wakes up and changes David’s first diaper, starts breakfast and lets me have 30 extra minutes of sleep. Ladies, that’s the kind of man you should marry.
- I love to cook, hate to clean up. (And poor Tom. The guy hates a messy kitchen.)
- I’ve interviewed John Tesh, Billy Blanks, Eric Close and like 5 runners-up on American Idol.
- I watch way too much TV. (Even though we don’t have cable.)
- I use an iBook that I bought in 2005. It’s only frozen like twice. Do you need any other reason to buy an Apple computer?
- I hated Richmond when I first moved here. The only reason I stayed was: 1) my roommate 2) my church 3) I discovered cool parts of the city while mountain biking.
- My mountain bike was stolen off my friend’s porch in 2008, and I haven’t been mountain biking since.
- Who would you invite to a dinner party for 10? Friends I haven’t seen in a long time. I started naming them, but I didn’t want to leave anyone out and hurt feelings. One person who would definitely be there is my friend Sola. She has a new haircut and I wanna see it. (She designs jewelry, check it out.)
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A writer. Always a writer. (First a novelist, then a columnist, then a reporter, then a magazine writer. Then when I started paying bills, I’d write for anyone.)
- Best gift you’ve ever received? My friend Jenny gave me an amazing silver cuff that was her mom’s.
- What’s your go-to road trip snack? Anything. Once I ate leftover salt in an empty pretzel bag.
- What’s your dream vacation? Tom and I like lakes. And mountains. (But only in the summer.)
- What drives you to blog? At first keeping up with my sister. Now it’s that, plus I just really really like it.
- What do you hope your children remember about their childhood? What do you hope they forget? I just hope they remember being loved. I hope they forget that I watch the Today Show in the morning.
- What’s your go-to “I’m at a party and I’m going to tell a funny story about myself” story? Doesn’t it change for the situation? Usually it has to do with the food table. Or getting ready for the party. Or the time I was a finalist for an MTV reality show.
- What are you most proud of? I made a cake for my mom that took two straight days of cooking, chilling and whipping. It was delicious.
- What do you like most about yourself? My nails.
- What is your favorite dessert? I love buckeyes. So good. And (seasonally) Peeps. I’m one of those people.
And here are my questions:
- If you had $10,000 to spend on yourself, how would you spend it?
- What’s your favorite cereal?
- What’s your favorite time of day?
- What are you reading now?
- What’s your favorite season? [hint: the answer is spring or summer]
- Did you ever wish you had a different name? What is it?
- What’s one vice you can’t give up, even though you’ve tried?
- Do you have a celebrity doppleganger?
- What’s one cause that you love to debate/weigh in on?
- Which of these was hardest? Random facts, answering questions or writing questions?
- What do you think the answer to #10 says about your personality?
And the nominees for my Liebster Award are:
- Meredith at The White Pages
- Jenny at The Ramsey Clan
- Tim at Da Maestro a la Figlia (especially because he keeps promising to blog more regularly)
- Katherine at I Don’t Have a Clue…But I’m Finding Out